About the Company
Our client is a growing private manufacturing company that provides products and services to a broader global industry. They are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst who will be responsible for supporting with the month-end activities, preparation of external financial statements and ad hoc financial analysis at the group level.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Very entrepreneurial culture, collaborative team environment
- Fantastic mentorship opportunities.
- Fantastic company and great place to work in an exciting industry.
- Company has experienced exceptional growth.
- Responsible for coordinating month end activities in adherence with Group and Corporate reporting timelines,
- Responsible for coordinating the monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts,
- Responsible for preparation of the monthly financial statements, analyze variances related budget and projections,
- Assists in liaison with Department Managers and the General Manager with financial and operational information,
- Display equity, leadership and training (directly or through courses) to build/support an effective finance team,
- Implement and monitor internal controls to ensure integrity and timeliness of financial information and corporate governance
- Responsible for Fixed Asset reporting,
- Daily monitoring of cash, AR and AP,
- Assists with the coordination of other divisional operating systems including reconciliation and close of all intercompany activities
- Responsible for the financial administration of suppliers,
- Assists with the development of annual business planning, financial budgets, and reforecasts
- Assists with the coordination of year-end financial activities,
- Responsible for preparing government statistical reports,
- Support and encourage KAIZEN principles, concepts and activities,
- Encourage GEAR activities from staff to meet corporate goals,
- Submits training needs to HR as determined from departmental needs and employee evaluations,
- Ensure that all personnel in the team are working in a safe and efficient manner,
- Perform other duties as required (i.e., special/ad hoc projects).
- 3-4 years accounting experience, of which 2 years is in a project driven Engineering (or related professional) environment with exposure to direct costing in an MRP environment is an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (advanced excel skills); proficiency in and experience with SAP is an asset
$80,000 - $95,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote # 373988.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.