About the Company
Our client is a leading company servicing the aviation industry. They are currently looking for a Senior Financial Analyst, Capital Finance, to take responsibility for the effective preparation, management and improvement of the planning and execution of the capital budget annual processes for various business units.
Why Work Here
- Comprehensive salary and benefits package
- Work hard, play hard culture with very passionate people
- Company likes to promote from within
- Opportunity to get into aviation
- Travel will come back and the organization will continue to grow
About the Opportunity
- Support the preparation, planning and coordination of the annual capital planning cycle by coordinating, analyzing and inputting for target setting, prioritizing and funding decisions
- Actively involved in the preparation of the annual capital planning through coordination with stakeholders and other Finance roles to ensure strategic initiatives are accurately reflected and align with organizational performance goals
- Act as a subject matter expert with respect to the Capital Planning processes and a key resource who assists and provides clear and concise guidance and oversight to the various Business Unit(s) VPs, Directors, Associate Directors and Managers
- Provide feedback and critique on planning submissions and other financial documents from the business units
- Provide support for the long-term capital and infrastructure planning, and financial strategy which may impact the organization of the enterprise or its staffing levels
- Provide advice on business case development which may impact the organization of the enterprise or staffing levels, capital plans submissions and other planning documents
- Develop, create and maintain financial models to support business planning processes while providing meaningful and insightful recommendations leading to sound balanced decision making
- Manage and enforce the Project Funding Approval (PFA) process and provides improvement recommendations
- Assemble and update the PFA toolkit, templates and files and abides by process discipline
- Provide quality assurance for all PFA packages in terms of relevancy, completeness and accuracy
- Provide customer guidance, education, training and support and hold business unit management and staff accountable with respect to financial policies, processes, procedures, and deliverables
- Support the planning process continuous improvement and modernization, including best practices and new technology
- Analyze and interpret key aviation activity forecasts with a keen understanding as to how these activities drive Capital Decision within the Business Unit(s)
- Generate financial information and performs analysis to provide capital program analysis and linkage to OPEX (operating impact, depreciation forecast, etc.).
- Perform project post-implementation analysis and provides “lessons-learned” type reports
- Organize and synthesize information, big picture assembly at the corporation level.
- Provide regular planning/budget evolution updates (quantitative) to stakeholders.
- Co-own the corporate capital systems and data along with the PMOs
- CPA Designated
- Experience in industries with heavy CAPEX such as Construction, Healthcare, Metrolinx, Infrastructure, Aviation, etc.
- Experience capitalizing expenditures
- 5 years in FP&A, modelling, business cases
- Able to obtain and retain Transportation Security Clearance at the designated level for the position
- Power BI experience is a strong asset
$85,000 - $90,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #29689.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.