About the Company
Our client is a sustainable energy services provider. They are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst who will be responsible for supporting the capital management process.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Provide valuable insights into decision making at the senior level
- Leverage brand new dedicated capital management tools
- Lots of systems improvements and automations in the pipeline
- Opportunities for promotion to Manager
- Track the compilation of project costs into construction work in progress accounts in the accounting system (D365) by partnering with business stakeholders, including reviews of purchase orders and project trackers, and preparing the necessary capital accrual journal entries as part of month-end and year-end closing process
- In collaboration with the Controllership team, close out construction work in progress accounts and componentize the asset once the related projects have been completed
- Assist with quarterly capital wage tracking process and reporting actual performance vs. budget
- Assist the Senior Manager, Capital Finance in preparing monthly management reporting decks to enable effective management of capital spend
- Participate in the annual capital budgeting process as well as periodic forecast updates
- Maintain a strong understanding of business operations through positive interaction with business stakeholders and provide prompt and excellent customer service
- Assist with annual financial audit compliance and tax preparation support related to fixed assets
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis, reports, and assist with special projects as required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance or Business
- Obtained an accounting or finance designation (i.e., CPA)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar role as a Financial Analyst
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #395506
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.