About the Company
Our client is a leading union for workers in the entertainment industries. They are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst who will be responsible for all revenue and expense analysis, reporting and reconciliation. This position will own all revenue data inputs and expenses for all entities including journal entries, accruals and account reconciliations.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Excellent work culture with strong work life balance
- Great opportunities for career development and progression
- Lots of opportunity to add value to organization via process enhancements
- Lead/manage/own the tracking of revenue from all productions ensuring remittances match fully executed contracts, payments received + upload to WEB Platform.
- Provide weekly remittance revenue reporting to Controller, Accounting Manager and Officers inclusive of analysis commentary summarizing recommended next steps.
- Reconcile Membership Dues revenues daily, tying to all cash receipts applied on WEB Platform to member payments received in bank.
- Quarterly reconciliation of membership count, ensuring WEB Platform and International Platform match.
- Weekly RRSP reconciliation, evidencing RRSP remittances received and RRSP EE payroll deductions match Benefits upload to CL Platform and tie to CL Auto WD from bank.
- Biweekly reconciliation of Short Term Disability (STD) program, confirming CL reporting matches CL Auto WD from bank and tying to benefits list of recipients.
- Quarterly reconciliation of hour bank, ensuring Health monies received from production remittances and member self funding via J+D Benefits match hour bank on WEB Platform.
- Monthly reconciliation of RRSP monies received that have not been uploaded to CL due to member/EE not setting up CL RRSP account (Late Remittances).
- Prepare monthly recurring journal entries.
- Prepare and posting monthly, quarterly, and annual accruals.
- Prepare monthly Intercompany reconciliations.
- Prepare supporting schedules and analysis for monthly analysis, quarterly reviews, annual audits and controls testing.
- Works closely with Accounting Manager and Controller to develop standardized reporting and streamline recurring work.
- Assists in special projects as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- CPA designation
- Minimum 3/4 years of corporate and full-cycle accounting experience
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of financial statements
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
- Must have Advanced Excel and data manipulation skills
- Strong assessment skills and ability to identify issues and provide recommendations
$85,000 - $90,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote # 388581
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.