About the Company
The Finance Department is responsible for the accounting and financial reporting for the company and its affiliates. Reporting to the Director, Finance, the Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for the month-end and year-end processes, general ledger account reconciliation, analysis, and financial reporting.
About the Opportunity
- Performing full cycle accounting duties
- Preparing the month-end close duties and finalizing deliverables
- Coordinating, reconciling, analyzing, and verifying accounting information
- Reviewing and analyzing expenses and operating trends compared to the budget
- Maintaining the fixed asset system
- Liaising with auditors and preparing audit packages for statutory requirements and other audits as required
- Preparing and maintaining various commodity tax and regulatory filings
- Assisting with other functions within the Finance department as appropriate, and
- Providing recommendations on internal control procedures, system improvements and process enhancements, and assisting in implementation of approved changes
How to Apply
- Completion or near completion of the CPA designation or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience required
- Financial services industry is an asset
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office with advanced knowledge of Excel
- Experience using Multiview accounting software is an asset
- Ability to prioritize workload, meet strict deadlines and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Detail-oriented with logical and a solid understanding of accounting principles
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #388174.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.