About the Company
Our client is one of the largest social service agencies in Canada. They are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join their finance team.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Close-knit office, open door communication, good work life balance, and flexibility to work from home
- Opportunity for growth and learning in this role
- Strong leadership team who values career and professional development
- Responsible for financial reporting activities, including the preparation and analysis of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Responsible with month end close including the creation and posting of journal entries and other tasks as required.
- Prepare detailed balance sheet reconciliations, maintaining financial accuracy and transparency.
- Develop and maintain schedules for reserves and provisions, aligning with accounting policies and regulatory guidelines.
- Ensure compliance with accounting standards, regulatory requirements, and internal policies in financial reporting.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather financial data, analyze trends, and provide insights to support decision-making.
- Develop and implement organization wide end-to-end procurement processes, including vendor selection, contract risk review, and procurement adherence with Broader Public Sector Guidelines.
- Monitor procurement spend, identify cost-saving opportunities, and ensure adherence to procurement policies.
- Prepare financial reports and presentations for leadership and board members, conveying key insights and recommendations.
- Drive process improvements in financial reporting and procurement practices, enhancing accuracy and efficiency.
- Assist in the annual budgeting and forecasting process by providing financial insights and data.
- Mentor and guide junior team members, fostering a collaborative and results-driven work environment.
- CPA designation or in progress
- 2+ years of experience in financial reporting, internal audit, external audit, and/or professional services experience
- Must have experience working in a public accounting or audit firm
- Intermediate experience using MS Excel (financial and data functions)
- Understanding of accounting principles, financial standards, and regulatory compliance
- Proficiency in financial analysis tools and accounting software
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #386844.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.