About the Company
Our client is a growing bank. They are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst who will be responsible for the maintenance of accounting books and records, including journal entries, monthly reconciliations, and quarter and year end working papers.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- One of the fastest growing companies in Canada
- Strong management team with a lot of tenured leaders.
- Progressive and inclusive culture.
- Company often participates in community events.
- This position is viewed as a high-growth position and the organization wants to hire someone who will have the capability of being promoted.
- Assist in preparing monthly financial results and management reporting package(balance sheet, P&L and supporting schedules)
- Assist in preparing quarterly financial statements and MD&A
- Prepare quarter-end and year-end working papers for external and internal auditors
- Calculate Finance KRIs and analyze trends
Regulatory Reporting - OSFI, CDIC, Statistics Canada
- Prepare all applicable regulatory financial returns to OSFI, CDIC, and Statistics Canada
- Prepare management service mortgage reports and remit funds received
- Research, monitor and communicate all regulatory changes and developments to senior finance team members
- Create and maintain regulatory templates using SQL and XML
- Prepare and post month-end journal entries
- Monthly reconciliations of bank accounts, investments, mortgage portfolios, GIC deposits, derivatives, debt, commissions, and payroll
- Recognize monthly expense accruals and prepaid expenses
- Prepare monthly consolidation entries
- Calculate referrer commissions and employee bonuses
- Prepare debt
- Assist with analysis of individual and general reserve
- University Degree
- Progressive relevant experience in Financial Reporting, ideally within the Financial Services industry
- Professional Accounting Designation – CPA
$90,000 - $95,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #386749
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.