About the Company
Our client is a leading mining company. They are currently looking for a Financial Analyst who is to support the processes, procedures and systems that are required to ensure financial reporting is accurate and complete. This role also supports the Manager of Financial Reporting in the preparation and analysis of complex accounting issues, assists with working papers needed for preparation of quarterly financial statements and MD&A and will be part of the accounting policy project team.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
Support the external financial reporting process:
- Comprehensive salary and benefits package
- Excellent mentors and people to work with on a day-to-day basis
- Lots of room for growth within the business
Preparation of the corporate accounting consolidated trial balance
- Actively supports and participates in the quarterly close process to facilitate the production of accurate and timely external financial reporting documents
- Prepares supporting working papers, including the documentation of procedures, that meet internal control and external audit requirements
- Performs oversight controls for revenue including the monitoring of weights & assays and valuation of receivables and other non-IFRS measures within the Management Discussion and Analysis (“MD&A”)
- Prepare and analyze revenue from streaming arrangements, including appropriate disclosure
- Prepare consolidated CSR and ESTMA annual environmental reports
- Prepares quarterly Statistics Canada reporting
Research and analyze complex accounting standards
- Takes ownership of the corporate accounting process, including proposing and preparing supporting journal entries, and maintaining monthly schedules that adhere to internal audit and Sox standards
- Preparation of monthly corporate cash flow statement
Continuous improvement of financial system and processes
- Prepares clear and concise technical analysis of significant business transactions and new accounting standards under IFRS
- Manages the quarterly significant accounting issues log
Preparer of consolidated revenue analysis for oversight review and MD&A preparation purposes
- Provides support and best practices to business units through education and updates as needed to reporting templates in order to drive company-wide efficiencies.
- Ensures system generated reports are updated when new accounts are created or new business units are added.
Support and manage special projects in finance
- Consolidates and builds the quarterly sales reporting package, including memos and weights and assay analysis
- Develops new/enhanced reporting to provide further insight into operational performance
- Assist with the creation of both Corporate and Global accounting policies.
- Graduate degree in accounting, business, or finance
- Completed CPA designation, or CPA in progress with CFE completed
- At least 3 years of experience working in an audit or accounting role
- Diverse experience beyond Audit at a public accounting firm strongly considered
- Above average computer literacy, specifically Excel
- SAP ERP skills an advantage
- Spanish language skills an advantage
$85,000 to $90,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #383519.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.