About the Company
Our client is a not-for-profit organization, providing financial and proffessional services to a group of professionals. They are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join their team!
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Great work life balance
- Flexible and hybrid working environment
- Strong tight-knnit, family culture.
- Oversee the accounts payable function: ensure invoices, Visas, and expense reports are properly coded, approved, and input into Navision
- Take ownership of fixed assets subledger
- Take a leadership role in G/L close and ensure clean trial balance
- Prepare audit working papers
- Prepare monthly expense analysis
- Conduct in depth variance analysis on initiatives and trends
- Prepare journal entries as required for specified transactions and expense accruals
- Prepare intercompany transactions (services agreement and recoverable expenses)
- Ensure that all assigned balance sheet accounts are reconciled
- Supervise one staff in the accounting operations for accounts payable
- Prepare the annual budget and support VPs through the process
- Monitor provincial and federal government websites for any proposed changes to GST, HST or PST
- Provide backup information required for the preparation of tax returns
- Improve operational effectiveness of A/P and expense management
- Back up in office duties pertaining to cheque printing and cheque deposits when required
- Support Controller & CFO with various ad hoc projects
- CPA designation or in progress
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in the accounting field
- Financial services and/or insurance experience is an asset
- Advanced computer skills, particularly in Excel
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency with Microsoft Dynamics NAV is an asset
$80,000 - $90,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote # 375198.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.