About the Company
Our client is a beverage company. They are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst who is accountable for supporting the commercial finance manager in the annual budgeting, monthly forecasting, and ongoing analysis of the full profit & loss statement for a portfolio of internal sales and marketing customers.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
Annual Budgeting and Planning
- High growth potential
- Fantastic company with an excellent culture
- Great work life with flexible working arrangements
Innovation Stage-Gate Business Case Development
- Support the annual budgeting and planning processes for the specific business units P&L
- Own the sales business units and marketing SG&A planning, inclusive of A&P and other G&A related expenses.
- Liaise with cost accounting and operations FP&A teams to understand budgeting and forecast drivers and of any changes in standard product costs and other cost of sales.
Monthly Forecasting - IBP Management Business Review
- Provide financial analysis on cross-functional project teams, inclusive of product launches/line extensions, helping to build the financial business case P&L's, challenging assumptions, providing insights and strategic direction for commercial activities
- Drive business partner enhancements in financial acumen, primarily focused on profit and loss analysis, budgeting, and expense management.
- Leads, embraces and has a passion for process improvement, capacity creation, standardization and implements in collaboration with the Finance Manager, Commercial Finance
Quarterly Field Sales Incentive Program Governance
- Deliver accurate, insightful and timely analysis of financial results. Perform investigation of variances, highlighting financial issues with strategic and operational impacts, and recommend options to resolve or address gaps.
- Reach out to appropriate finance partners to get cost of sales projections, understand inputs, drivers, and challenge assumptions such as distribution, write-offs and act as the 'one source' for all P&L related support for sales directors and managers
- Partner with sales through the monthly IBP sales forecast review cycle to build and validate the bottled revenue and margin forecast, detailing assumptions, risks, and opportunities.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting on revenue and margins, and SG&A at a detailed level, including supporting owners in developing monthly SG&A accruals, in collaboration with finance.
- Collaborate with the commercial finance manager to provide the corporate FP&A team with finalized full year forecasts, commentary on key drivers vs. last forecast, annual plan, prior year, coupled with key assumptions and full range of risks and opportunities across net revenue down to operating income.
- Own the financial facilitation of the field sales incentive program, ensuring completeness and accuracy of data.
- Develop relationships with human resources and sales business intelligence to find synergies and methods to make process efficient.
- Pursuing CPA or CFA an asset
- Experience with Oracle an asset
- 2+ years of FP&A/Commercial finance experience supporting a sales and marketing team
- Comfort level in an environment without well defined processes and systems
- Related sector (CPG, Retail, Pharma, Medical Devices, manufacturing)
- Full P&L experience
$85,000 to $95,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote # 374453.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.