About the Company
Our client is a leading real asset management firm. They are currently looking for a Senior Financial Analyst who will be supporting the accounting and reporting of the company’s income producing properties (IPP).
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Collaborative, supportive culture with ample opportunities to learn and grow
- Work for a fantastic boss and a great mentor that will help develop skills
- Comprehensive salary and benefits package
- Responsible for supporting the IPP and our internal and 3rd party full cycle day-to-day accounting which includes review of journal entries, accruals, reviewing accounts payable, oversight of bank reconciliations, HST reconciliations and balance sheet account reconciliations
- Preparation and review of monthly and quarterly financial statements for internal management and investors
- Assist with year-end audit processes through the preparation of audit working papers
- Maintain the day-to-day operations of fund investments through banking operation, cash distributions and intercompany transfers with a keen sense of detail and understanding of cashflow
- Collaborate with accounts payable closely to organize, code, and submit vendor invoices for payment in a timely manner
- Oversight of monthly cash flow projections and cash distributions to investors of the properties which are held in the IPP Funds with institutional investors
- Support the debt/capital monthly treasury function and other ad hoc reporting related duties
- Calculation of quarter and annual returns using IRR and weighted capital and model improvements
- Generate and review the monthly reporting dashboard for senior management review
- Document a process to ensure compliance across different funds based on partnership agreements
- Assist the reporting team in tracking, summarizing and analyzing year over year asset management fees including completeness of fees charged to investors as part of compliance work
- Develop good business rapport with the operations team, finance team and other stakeholders
- Identify and implement continuous process improvements across different areas of scope
- 3 + years of relevant experience in the industry with desire to gro
- Experience working in the space of real estate, land development or construction teams is an asset
- Strong Excel modelling skills, ability to construct professional PowerPoint presentations
$85,000 - $90,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 369724.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.