About the Company
Our client is a leader in the real estate and construction industries. They are currently looking for a Senior Financial Analyst who will be a key business partner to divisional teams and will be responsible for will be responsible for consolidated budgeting, forecasting, management reporting and ad hoc analysis for the business.
Why Work Here
- Comprehensive salary and benefits package
- One of the GTA’s Top Employers
- Exposure to Senior Executives and the opportunity to have an influence on the direction of the business
- Very stable industry and company
About the Opportunity
- Lead monthly process to complete of bank reconciliations for all Canadian bank accounts. Coordinate with CCO finance teams and the Treasury team as necessary to ensure CCO finance teams have information required to process transactions.
- Perform quarterly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts for Canadian corporate division. Request and thoroughly review reconciliations performed by other corporate departments as part of overall balance sheet reconciliation.
- Complete monthly expense analysis, identifying and adjusting errors where necessary.
- Perform consolidation of financial results of all Canadian divisions, including reviewing the accuracy of eliminations performed by CCO teams.
- Gather and review supplemental information required for quarterly reporting and interim review.
- Support the preparation of external audited financial statements and notes.
- Controllership and process improvement
- Identify, recommend, and implement improvements to bank reconciliation and cash journalization process through Robotic Process Automation (RPA) or similar automation.
- Manage the audit, including reviewing and approving the proposed timing and scope of work and working closely with CCO/divisions to quantify or resolve potential audit misstatements identified.
- Spearhead a JV structure summary and roll up "cheat sheet". Assist with reviewing new deals against the requirements of ASPE 3056, as well as updating ASPE 3056 tracking sheet for new deals.
- Perform technical accounting research to analyze accounting topics arising from new business developments and/or auditor observations, and ultimately recommend appropriate accounting treatment in accordance with ASPE.
- Supporting divisional accounting teams as they work through complex accounting issues to provide stronger financial acumen and value-add reporting for decision.
- Prepare joint venture financial statements
- Other ad hoc tasks, as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a Finance department or public accounting firm
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills including regular use of functions, pivot tables, etc. VBA experience is an asset
Up to $90,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #349256.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.