About the Company
Our client is an importing and exporting world trade business. They are currently looking for a Senior Financial Analyst who will be responsible for the active involvement in the process improvement initiatives, analysis and accurate reporting of the assigned general ledger accounts, assisting in the analysis of complex accounting matters, standards and implementation of new accounting pronouncements, and assisting with coaching, training and development of staff.
Why Work Here
- High visibility, high cross- collaboration with senior leaders
- Definite room for growth and promotion
- Excellent Employee Reward System
About the Opportunity
- Assists with the research of complex accounting matters and drafts technical accounting memos and process documentation;
- Assists the Senior Manager with improving departmental processes to gain efficiencies, makes recommendations on improving established policies and procedures, prepare documentation, and implements changes;
- Participates and/or leads accounting/audit projects;
- Prepares reports for Senior Manager and/or Finance team;
- Trains, mentors and coaches staff on the following but not limited to account reconciliations and analysis, financial system(s) and policies and procedures;
- Engages cross functional teams to resolve reconciliation items and/or to drive process changes;
- Identifies performance gaps and recommends training, where required, to the Senior Manager; and
- Prepares journal entries and other analyses for month-end, quarter-end and year-end close in the area assigned;
- Liaise with internal and external auditors, and responds to inquiries, information and reports;
- Assists staff with the troubleshooting and resolution of issues or problems;
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management
- CPA Designation
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience
- Public Accounting experience
- Strong complex technical accounting experience (US GAAP and/or IFRS).
Up to $95,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #334814.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.