About the Company
Our client is North America’s most dynamic commercial finance company. They are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst who will primarily support the Director of Finance. As an integral member of the Finance team, you will be responsible for maintaining books and records of three companies, including public parent company, and will provide support in treasury, accounts payable, financial analysis and forecasting.
Why Work Here
- Good work-life balance in a culture with many self-motivated, team player type individuals that are very supportive of one another in the workplace
- Management is not the micromanaging type, employees have a good amount of freedom to plan their work
- Wide breadth of experience within accounting, control testing, treasury and any other types of projects or experience they are curious to be involved with.
About the Opportunity
- Supports the preparation of journal entries, monthly / quarterly reporting packages and financial statements, including applicable tax payments and reconciliations, in accordance with accounting rules and standards.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Breaks down strategic problems and analyze data and information to provide accounting insights and recommendations.
- Participates in the implementation and customization of software systems to support accounting, finance, and portfolio management functions.
- Responsible for the internal control over financial reporting.
- Identifies opportunities for alignment with accounting / finance processes and other operational processes.
- Prepares data and supporting information to complete month end analysis, financial reports, variances & accruals.
- Analyzes financial results to support financial period closing and reporting processes and provide insights and recommendations
- Provides information and supports the process for internal (e.g. corporate and SOX) and external audits.
- Analyzes company and industry-specific strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats to determine the cash flow risks of the companies involved.
- Manages the company’s short-term cash forecasting model and oversees the cash management process.
- Manages the company’s borrowing base reporting function.
- Keeps abreast of emerging current accounting issues and develops accounting practices and reporting disclosures for new standards.
- Oversees the company’s KYC/AML policies, including monitoring compliance and reporting.
- CPA, CA, CMA, or CGA
- 3+ years strong full-cycle experience.
- Knowledge of cost allocation methodologies, budgeting, forecasting and variance analysis
- Familiarity with accounting applications and their administration, such as Sage, or NetSuite
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
$85,000 - $90,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #331920.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.