About the Company
Our client is a provider of seniors' housing. They are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst who will be responsible for preparation of complex consolidated financial analysis to support Operational decisions and to support Finance team during month end as required
Why Work Here
- Opportunities to expand role and increase exposure
- Opportunity to grow into Accounting Manager role
- Great focus on employee culture, work life balance
About the Opportunity
- Assist Senior Director Operations Finance in setting up, maintaining, and updating various template and spreadsheets for to support Operational decisions
- Assist Senior Director Operations Finance in compiling weekly reports for census, staffing and any other reports as required by the Operations team and Senior Management
- Accountable for completion of financial analysis to support operational decisions identifying concerns and providing recommendations.
- Keep abreast with funding changes announced by with MOH, understand these changes and provide analysis necessary to support Senior Director Finance and Operations team
- Keep up to date with envelope eligibility guidelines and MOH policies and procedures
- Accountable for reviewing monthly working paper packages and reconciliations
- Review and approve month end journal entries
- Provide support to the LTC Property Accountants through month end tasks
- Assist with coordinating, completion and review of the property operating budgets, working collaboratively with the Operations Teams, Strategic Planning & Analysis to ensure budgets are prepared accurately and on a timely basis
- Assist Senior Director Operations Finance in compiling reports for covenants for Lenders
- Communicating professionally and effectively with Senior Management, Accounting Managers, peer group as well Operation and Home staff when dealing with technical issues on various LTC accounting related issues or operational analysis.
- Works well with others, promote a positive team spirit and provides guidance and support when introducing process change and improvements.
- Special projects as assigned by Senior management
- 4+ years progressive experience in FP&A capacity (ideally analysis of expenses/ Payroll)
- Strong knowledge of IFRS and Canadian GAAP
- Strong computer skills – ERP Software, Microsoft Office
Up to $95,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #327807.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.