About the Company
Our client is a leading sporting goods retailer. They are currently looking for a Senior Financial Analyst who will be responsible for month end duties, financial reporting, provide analyses and drive insight through data, present to department heads on operational metrics, etc.
Why Work Here
- Growth and progression available as company continues to expand and grow
- Collaborative and interactive culture. Amazing mentorship and team dynamic.
- Be a true business partner to the organization. Deliver presentations, conduct meaningful analysis, etc.
About the Opportunity
- Identify and build financial reporting including models and templates using a documented, auditable, and logical process.
- Prepare monthly journal entries, account reconciliations and supporting working papers for areas designated.
- Business Partner throughout the organization to provide insights and to ensure that financial transactions are properly recorded.
- Support the timely preparation and submission of the financial statements for both internal and external reporting.
- Supporting the preparation of the monthly forecast for the business.
- Supporting the preparation of the annual budget
- Prepare quarterly forecast and budget to our holding company.
- Support continuous process improvement to the existing accounting processes and procedures to eliminate non-value added activities, reduce processing time and eliminate manual intervention.
- Assist in the preparation of audit schedules as required during annual audit and working with the external auditors to complete their requirements.
- Assist in auditing, monitoring, and improving data quality.
- Develop and provide quantitative solutions to complex business problems.
- Prepare, analyze and present monthly, quarterly and annual operating metrics and results for the region/stores for Canada.
- Provide analysis, recommendations and insights in support of retail analysis initiatives and projects as directed.
- Perform timely variance analysis of actual to plan, prior year and forecast.
- Perform other related duties as required
- CPA Designation
- Minimum 3 years relevant work experience (corporate accounting, FS prep, month-end, etc.)
- Similar industry experience preferred (i.e. retail, manufacturing, CPG, etc.)
- Intermediate to advanced level of Excel including; Complex Formulas, Macros an asset,
- IFRS reporting experience an asset
- Experience extracting and analyzing data from a data warehouse system.
$80,000 - $90,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #324248.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.