About the Company
Our client is a food manufacturer. They are looking for a Financial Analyst that is a hybrid role with a mix of financial analysis, variance analysis, costing, accounting, reporting, and ad hoc projects.
Why Work Here
- Profitable and growing company
- High growth
- Technology forward private company with a positive family friendly culture
About the Opportunity
- Support and back up for full cycle AR and AP functions, please refer to the Accounting Clerk Job Description for full details
- Back up for the Quoting and Pricing function of the Sales Team, as needed
- Back up for the Order Desk Function, as needed
- Monthly reconciliations of all prepaid and accrued liabilities accounts
- Month end duties including all accruals and amortization of prepaid accounts
- Monthly reconciliation of GL to subledger accounts including AR, AP, Inventory, Open PO
- Review the accuracy of all GL posting by A/P function and report on errors and omissions found
- Analyze manufacturing costs and prepare regular reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Make estimates of new and proposed product costs.
- Work closely with the production team to help in the setting of standard costs.
- Review, analyze and report on inventories monthly
- Review, analyze and report on fixed asset accounts monthly
- Monthly Alcohol Reporting on CRA website
- Calculate and report on broker sales commissions
- expense and accrual monthly
- Calculate and report on internal sales commission quarterly
- Ensure accurate and timely recording of transactions (daily, weekly, monthly)
- Assist with month end closing
- Support all year end processes
- Supports all food safety initiatives, including (but not limited to) BRCGS, HACCP, GMPs, Allergens, GFCP, Kosher, Halal, Customer Requirements (Such as Costco standards and Kraft Standards)
- Attend daily huddles and one-on-one meetings with the VP Finance
- Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time.
- Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time due to the implementation of the new ERP system
- 3+ years experience of hybrid accounting/analysis experience
- Proven work experience in a quantitatively-heavy role
- Advanced Excel skills
$75,000 to $80,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 302718
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.