About the Company
Our client is a leading provider of insurance and other related services. They are currently looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to advise on accounting guidelines and accounting policy strategies, by providing value-added ideas, advice, and recommendations to improve the quality and overall effectiveness of financial reporting.
Why Work Here
- Continuing education assistance
- Volunteer opportunities
- Referral Bonuses
- Dress for Your Day’ dress guidelines
- Close-knit team, work closely within the team and with other departments
About the Opportunity
- Perform and interpret detailed monthly variance analysis on balance sheet and income statement line items at the subsidiary and consolidated level
- Review and preparation of complex account reconciliations and journal entries including assisting with corporate consolidations and subsidiary eliminations
- Research complex accounting issues under IFRS and US GAAP reporting
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial statements at the consolidated level for the Board of Directors and at the subsidiary level to satisfy provincial requirements
- Liaise with internal and external advisors to ensure satisfaction of business needs and compliance with reporting requirements
- Communicate with influence and develop effective relationships with various internal stakeholder groups
- Provide coaching / guidance to team members within the Finance group on complex accounting issues and changing IFRS standards
- 3+ years of progressive accounting experience
- Strong working knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and US GAAP
Up to $90,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #302334.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role