About the Company
Our client in the mining industry is looking to hire a Senior Financial Analyst. Reporting to the Manager, Financial Reporting, this role will provide support in the areas of Financial and Treasury reporting. Additionally, the position will work closely with senior leadership to prepare analysis and presentations related to various financial and operation reports used in key decision making.
Why Work Here
- Very inclusive environment, collaborative culture and a strong culture that rewards exceptional performance
- Strong mentorship opportunities, the company typically hires top caliber individuals
About the Opportunity
- Assist in the preparation, coordination and analysis of the monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and notes and MD&A
- Assist in the preparation, coordination and analysis of the monthly, quarterly and annual reporting for derivative financial instruments
- Assist in analyzing risk exposures, hedge effectiveness and ad hoc analysis as required to support treasury activities
- Prepare and post monthly consolidation journal entries
- Supervise, mentor and develop co-op students
- Maintain and adhere to established SOX internal controls, modify/update as required
- Meet established internal and external deadlines to ensure timely financial reporting
- Liaise with various internal departments, including, tax, treasury, planning and investor relations, to provide reports or information as required
- Key corporate contact for Latin America and Australia Pacific region
- Complete analysis on various consolidation financial statement accounts
- 3+ years of Big 4 firm experience
- Strong understanding IFRS
- Mining industry strongly preferred
$80,000 - $85,000/year (Highly competitive and dependent on candidate experience)
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote # 29911.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.