About the Company
Our client is a well-established NPO in the Halton and Peel region of the GTA. They are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst who will build collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders and provide professional financial assistance in alignment with organizational priorities.
Why Work Here
- Fantastic boss
- Excellent organization that helps thousands of children in Ontario. Amazing mission for the company.
- Great work life balance - little to no overtime
- Very stable organization
About the Opportunity
- Responsible for performing certain day-to-day accounting, financial reporting and analysis to support on-going internal and external reporting requirements, including month-end journal entries, FTE analysis and account reconciliations
- Prepare and analyze monthly variances between budget and actual financial results; present accurate, complete and timely analysis to management to support decision-making
- Prepare, review and submit monthly and/or quarterly Financial and Statistical Reports to external stakeholders, as required
- Support the budget process from planning to finalization with direction from the Financial Analyst Supervisor
- Complete benchmarking and trending exercises periodically to ensure monitoring of performance, risks and opportunities
- Participate in regular forecasting exercises to assist with critical decisions related to the organization’s financial position
- Provide ongoing support for identified initiatives and other responsibilities as required
- Provide back-up support for the Financial Analyst Supervisor as required
- 5-8 years’ experience in a similar role
- Proven skills in financial statement preparation, analysis and reporting, including understanding of Canadian GAAP/PSAS requirements
- Advanced computer skills and superior knowledge of computer applications and database software applications
$80, 000 - $92,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 298507.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.