About the Company
Our client is a leading provider of insurance and other related services. They are currently looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to advise on accounting guidelines and accounting policy strategies, by providing value-added ideas, advice, and recommendations to improve the quality and overall effectiveness of financial reporting.
Why Work Here
- Comprehensive salary and benefits package
- 8% bonus, CPA dues, health/dental benefits, RRSP matching
- Close-knit team, work closely within the team and with other departments
About the Opportunity
- Support the implementation of new IFRS & US GAAP standards
- Develop regulatory and local IFRS financial reporting processes under the new standards
- Provide accounting advice on new, complex, or high-risk projects or transactions
- Assist business partners in achieving objectives, such as acquisitions, divestitures, impairments, etc.
- Integrate data to enable appropriate data flow, enhanced analysis, and/or streamlined reporting.
- Create and apply reporting templates, financial models, and automated processes to meeting reporting requirements
- Test new functionality and provide impact assessments
- Develop, update and maintain formal technical accounting policies
- Monitor new accounting standards and analyze impacts on policy standards/financial statements
- Prepare reports on accounting policy matters for industry and regulatory bodies
- Conduct financial analyses of results and respond to inquiries and solve complex problems
- Prepare documentation to substantiate and demonstrate adequate procedures and controls
- Support the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal/external stakeholders
- CPA Designation
- 2-3+ years with public/private accounting experience
- Insurance experience, or within similar positions such as Financial Services
- IFRS experience (IFRS 17 is an asset)
- Experience with developing and documenting governance processes
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #29303.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Senior Financial Analyst
Direct Hire job in Mississauga
Senior Financial Analyst/ Manager - 4 Months Contract
Contract job in Mississauga
Direct Hire job in Oakville
Senior Financial Analyst, Valuations
Direct Hire job in Toronto
Senior Financial Analyst - FP&A
Direct Hire job in Toronto