About the Company
Our client is engaged in the exploration, development, and production of mineral resource properties. This organization is in growth mode, located in downtown Toronto. They are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to be responsible for supporting the accounting, management reporting and financial reporting activities for various entities.
- Very inclusive/collaborative environment
- Strong culture that rewards exceptional performance
- Strong mentorship opportunities
- Growing organization with a number of new exciting projects
About the Opportunity
- Maintain the financial reporting ledgers for the legal entities and recording journal entries related to their monthly activities
- Prepare monthly journal entries related to financial reporting
- Prepare the quarterly and annual variance analysis of balance sheet and income statement
- Ensure SOX controls compliance, and implement new controls as needed
- Departmental reports and assisting in the budgeting and forecasting process
- Prepare monthly management reports for Senior Vice President, Exploration, the corporate exploration department and sites
- Prepare quarterly and year-end schedules and working papers, including both financial and operational schedules and working papers
- Assist in the planning and forecasting activities for the legal entities
- Assist in quarterly consolidated review and reporting and financial statement notes and MD&A disclosure as needed
- Prepare and maintain quarterly reporting and deliverables to the Audit and Finance Committee
- 5+ years of related experience with IFRS and mining
- ARO (Asset Retirement Obligation) and SOX or internal controls experience are assets
$90,000 - $110,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #27249.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.