About the Company
This is a great opportunity to develop and utilize your skills in a financial services company where you will be challenged. There will be potential for career advancement throughout the organization. They are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join their finance team.
- Excellent work life balance
- Supportive culture and great mentorship internally and from direct manager
- Opportunities to move up and around the organization
About the Opportunity
- Assist with financial reporting and consolidations
- Manage the monthly, quarterly and annual audited financial statements
- Understand and apply IFRS, reconciling statements in US GAAP.
- Investigate and recommend enhancements to support efficiencies in reporting processes
- Run various reports and analyze information to record journal entries and ensure all financial information is captured accurately
- Perform detailed account reconciliations to ensure information is complete and all accounts balance
- Resolve discrepancies and advise cross-functional areas on process improvements to limit future discrepancies
- Prepare and file quarterly and audited annual statutory financial statements with note disclosures for various entities
- Prepare the month-end/quarter-end/year-end reporting packages
- Prepare mandatory filings with various regulatory bodies, working directly with regulator to resolve issues with filings
- Responsible for implementing, assessing, and adhering to SOX controls
- Previous experience in a public accounting firm
- Designated CPA
- Exposure to IFRS and US GAAP
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
$75,000 - $85,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #27169.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.