The Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for assisting in the preparation of the quarterly and annual external IFRS financial statements and MD&A, as well as other public disclosure documents. This role will also be the primary liaison with the external auditors and will help coordinate the year-end audit and quarterly reviews with the external auditors. They will assist with accounting for complex transactions and will perform reconciliations for certain balance sheet accounts.
About the Opportunity
- Assist with coordinating the audit / review of financial statements and annual internal control testing audits
- Assist with the preparation of draft quarterly and annual financial statements, financial statement notes and MD&A in accordance with IFRS
- Assist in the completion of the Annual Report, Management Information Circular and Annual Information Form
- Research technical accounting for complex transactions, evaluate the impact on the consolidated financial statements and draft appropriate journal entries
- Perform monthly account reconciliations for certain balance sheet accounts such as Convertible debentures, Derivative accounts, LTIP accounts, Dividends payable, Interest payable, Long term debt, Equity accounts, etc.
- Participate in special projects/ad-hoc reporting as requested; including the implementation of new system processes geared toward enhancing consolidated financial reporting activities
- Accounting Designation (CPA,CA)
- University Degree (Accounting)
- 3+ years of financial reporting experience or experience at a CA firm
- Exceptional MS Office Suite and accounting software knowledge (SAP an Asset)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, initiative and ability to multitask
- Good time management skills, enabling completion of responsibilities within deadlines
- Time requirements may include overtime
$85,000 - $90,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #25432.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.