ARE YOU A SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING FULL-TIME OPPORTUNITY? Our client in Markham is looking for an experienced professional to join their team.
Senior Financial Analyst
About the Company
A global medical device company and a leader in the treatment of cardiovascular diseases.
About the Opportunity
The candidate will have the opportunity to work with our dynamic team in an organization of innovation, excellence, growth and change. The candidate will work closely with the Finance team in the completion of the month / quarter / year-end process and in the preparation of timely and accurate financial reports.
- Perform day-to-day general ledger accounting functions, including journal entries preparations, research and resolve Business Units inquiries
- Assist in month-end, quarter-end and year-end close; to ensure compliance with IFRS, GAAP, and Corporate policies
- Responsible for Intercompany accounts review, reconciliation and reporting in a timely manner
- Maintain customer accounts master, including setup and revisions
- Responsible for fixed assets management to ensure sub-ledger data is accurate and consistent with Corporate policies
- Research and prepare variance analysis and explanations to ensure data accuracy
- Perform Balance Sheet account reconciliations and Income Statement analysis, accrual calculations, and other related accounting schedules or reports
- Participate in periodic reporting and consolidation packages, including KPI reporting and variance reports
- Ensure that all regulatory and government returns and reporting (GST/HST, PST, annual returns) are filed on time
- Responsible for EFT and cheque issuance on a weekly basis
- Reconcile inventory sub-ledgers to the general ledger; determine causes of discrepancies and make appropriate corrections
- Support the Corporate Accounting Income Tax team and prepare tax reporting supporting schedules
- Prepare audit schedules and liaise with external and internal auditors
- Support and assist in the preparation of budget and operating plan
- Perform special projects to improve process efficiency; undertake and assist in other duties as required
- Back-ups for Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable in case of emergencies
- 3+ years of experience as a Financial Analyst, preferably within a Sales organization
- University or College degree in a related discipline
- CPA designation
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other business software tools
- Prior experience with ERP accounting systems; knowledge of SAP is a plus
- Prior experience in preparation of monthly financial statements and analysis
- Knowledge of IFRS
- Strong research and analysis skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
$75,000 - $80,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #24219.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its four divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing, Lannick Technology, and Lannick Project Recruitment. Lannick places more than 1,300 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more about Lannick, a Vaco company, at www.lannick.com.