ARE YOU A SEASONED SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST LOOKING TO UTILIZE YOUR EXPERIENCE? Our client is seeking a hardworking professional to join their team on a full-time basis.
Senior Financial Analyst
About the Company
Our client is a market leader in the health and wellness space. They are expanding and this SFA position is newly created to assist with the expansion.
About the Opportunity
This is an ideal role for a newly qualified CPA who has experience working for the Big 4. The candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Financial Reporting – Aid in communicating timely and accurate financial results to the executive team including causes for variances against prior year/budget and forward-looking implications. Provide actionable information that will impact the company’s financial results
- Budget and Reforecast – Manage the company’s financial planning process for budgets, reforecasts and financial projections. Responsible for quantifying the financial impact of business initiatives, recommending viable options and validating key assumptions. Manage the budget and reforecast timelines, submissions and scenario analyses
- Variance Analysis – Analyze monthly, quarterly and yearly results against prior year and budget/reforecast. Provide deep insights by understanding, analyzing and explaining variances while providing tangible recommendations for improvement
- Financial Analysis – Perform analytics and ROI evaluations for new product innovations, marketing investments, trade promotions and capital investing decisions; lead the search for ways to optimize performance and financial results
- Control process improvements – Aid in the design and implementation testing of key business process controls. Identify controls which are not operating effectively and work with departmental leaders to remediate control weaknesses. Identify gaps in the control framework and recommend control processes to be implemented
- Professional Accounting Designation (CPA, CA required) with strong understanding of IFRS
- Minimum 3+ years in a financial role with at least 3 years of audit experience (Senior level with 3+ years audit experience from a Big 4 accounting firm preferred)
- Exceptional analytic and financial analysis skills, ability to dig into detail without losing sight of the big picture
- Experience with financial modelling and budgeting (detail / bottoms-up)
- Excellent time management skills (ability to multitask and manage deadlines and multiple demands)
- Exceptional skills in Microsoft Office applications – an Excel expert
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to multi-task with multiple deadlines and prioritize crucial deliverables
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #24089.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its four divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing, Lannick Technology, and Lannick Project Recruitment. Lannick places more than 1,300 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more about Lannick, a Vaco company, at www.lannick.com.