ARE YOU A SEASONED SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST? Our client is seeking a designated professional to join their team on a full time basis.
Senior Financial Analyst
The Senior Financial Analyst role will report to the Accounting Manager and will form an integral part of the finance team; providing general accounting and financial reporting support. The incumbent will possess strong knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), have strong business acumen and enjoy a fast-paced and challenging environment.
About the Company
Our client is a leader in the health and wellness sector. They are located in the west end of the city and have a fantastic, young, fun corporate culture.
About the Opportunity
- Preparation of internal and external IFRS consolidated and standalone Legal Entity financial statements and assist with note disclosures thereto, including the review/ preparation of related supplemental schedules
- Responsibility for consolidation and related elimination entries as well as reconciliations, ensuring they are appropriately completed and documented
- Technical accounting review and recommendation for complex accounting areas including but not limited to business combinations, contingent consideration, segment reporting, financial instruments, other comprehensive income, etc. in accordance with IFRS
- Advanced technical knowledge and practical understanding of accounting for Inventory in a Manufacturing or Co-manufacturing and Consumer Products environment; this role will be responsible for the accounting and analysis of cost of goods sold, inventory valuations including obsolescence provision accounting, purchase price variance, freight and warehousing costs, etc.
- The incumbent will have a complete understanding of a full General Ledger (GL) closing process and will have experience with accounting for multiple legal entities and/or business combinations that require consolidation
- Assisting in gathering and review of monthly, quarterly and annual information for external reporting, audits, reviews and tax compliance
- Recommendations and assisting in the implementation of additional internal controls and processes where required
- Recommendations and assisting in implementing continuous improvement techniques to improve productivity, increase efficiencies, cut costs and take advantage of opportunities
- Works closely with other functional areas including but not limited to: Operations, Treasury, Tax, Accounts Payable, etc.
- Participation in other financial reporting projects as required
- Other ad hoc duties and reporting where necessary
- CPA designation
- 4+ years of accounting experience preferably from one of the Big Four Accounting Firms and/or within a publicly traded consumer packaged goods environment
- Strong working knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Experience with system implementations would be an asset
- Experience working with a large ERP system is required
- Proactive and able to continuously manage change in an extremely fast paced, energetic work environment
- Leadership and coaching skills; outstanding communication (verbal and written) and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite with advanced Excel skills
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #24088.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its four divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing, Lannick Technology, and Lannick Project Recruitment. Lannick places more than 1,300 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more about Lannick, a Vaco company, at www.lannick.com.