ARE YOU A BRIGHT AND MOTIVATED RECENTLY QUALIFIED CPA LOOKING TO STEP UP TO AN SFA ROLE? Our client is hiring a Senior Financial Analyst.
Senior Financial Analyst
About the Company
Our client is a U.S. headquartered company with an excellent footprint in Canada. They are in the professional services sector and offer an excellent environment, culture, and compensation package to employees.
About the Opportunity
- Responsible for preparing and providing financial statements and forecasts when required including all analysis
- Conducts thorough research and analysis of variances to ensure data accuracy
- Often enough will have project management responsibilities and need the ability to provide coaching and direction to more junior financial analyst roles
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures and oversee the accounting operations of subsidiary corporations, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Establish and issue financial and operating metrics as required, KPIs, etc.
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, decision modelling and contract negotiations
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit including the preparation of tax returns (prepared by auditors but require review)
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants including providing a weekly cash forecast
- Review of compliance with local, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings (including HST and all other sales taxes)
- Manage outsourced functions when required
- Maintain a system of controls/reconciliations over accounting transactions
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system based on best practices
- Lead the renewal of the Company’s insurance program and present to management recommendations including managing day to day activities related to supporting the Company’s insurance needs
- Prepare and oversee the preparation of monthly financial reporting, analyses, commentary and decks to report and review the financial results including profitability analysis per job/project and SGA analysis
- Prepare and oversee the Company’s yearly budget process (data analysis, process improvement, reporting and comments)
- Assesses, processes and implements procedures to improve reporting efficiencies and end user understanding including the setting up of policies, procedures and internal controls
- Prepares, develops, and analyzes timely and accurate financial information to meet the needs of internal customers, ensuring adherence to accounting standards and disclosure requirements
- Providing weekly reports related to time analysis and data integrity and responsible for follow-up and scheduling of meetings with stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree in commerce/finance
- CPA, CA, CMA, or CGA designation
- Currently in a Financial Analyst role
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #18134.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its three divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing and Lannick Technology. Lannick places more than 1,000 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more at www.lannick.com.
Better jobs. Better people. Better fit.