About the Company
Our client is a rapidly growing organization in the reinsurance industry. They are looking for a Senior Financial Accountant who will assist in the maintenance of the Company’s general ledger and the preparation of financial statements and related analyses, tax and regulatory filings.
Why Work Here
- Lots of exposure to senior management, as well as be exposure to various projects as the organization continues to grow
- Open plan office where everyone is respectful, friendly, helpful
About the Opportunity
- Prepare entity and consolidated financial records including the timely and accurate compilation of monthly and year-end IFRS financial statements and related supporting analyses
- Assist with the preparation of periodic board and senior management reporting, including annual budgets and variance analyses
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for global, multi-currency bank accounts
- Prepare and process month-end journal entries
- Complete accurate and timely working papers, analyses and reconciliations on trust payables, receivables, expense reporting and inter-company balances in multi-currencies
- Assist with the coordination and monitoring of various tax and regulatory requirements including compliance reporting and remittances. This includes reporting in the USA, Canada and the UK (FCA)
- Prepare analyses of the impact of new accounting standards on the group results and financial position. Recommend courses of action as needed.
- Liaise with Toronto and Global staff in the implementation and maintenance of group accounting procedures
- Prepare analyses of reinsurance cash receipts and disbursements, reconciliation of GL to trust accounting systems including accurate application of funds to outstanding balances
- Prepare enclosure, query and explanatory memorandum and letters
- 3-5 years full cycle accounting
- Experience from a small to mid-sized organization with “mini-controller” duties
- Industry: Insurance brokerage (closest to the money), insurance, financial services
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 28707.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.