About the Opportunity
- Accurately prepare and deliver monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports, regulatory reporting and Board financial packages
- Complex accounting, including derivatives, hedge accounting, investments, expected credit losses and securitization
- Run the expected credit loss model, work with the Credit department to analyze the results, and prepare the appropriate journal entries and reconciliations
- On an ongoing basis prepare hedge accounting documentation and effectiveness testing, ensuring full compliance with IFRS
- Diligently prepare entries, including consolidation entries, required in the financial reporting required for the Corporate Investment department (including investment programs in loans, real estate, securitization, private equity, and other programs, accounting for subsidiaries, etc.)
- Deliver year-end reporting responsibilities, including preparation of financial statement note disclosure for investments, derivatives, expected credit losses, securitizations and hedge accounting
- Accurately prepare monthly and annual reporting packages for the regulatory authorities
- Accounting Designation - CPA
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience, which includes reporting under IFRS, ideally within the financial services industry
- Experience performing complex accounting in the areas of financial instruments, securitization, hedge accounting, derivatives, etc.
- Expert user with Excel and other Microsoft Office products
- Proficient with data query/analysis tools
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Be a self-starter and a proactive problem solver
- Excellent Communication skills
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #28423.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.