About the Company
Our client is a private equity firm. The role will report directly to the CFO and assist in a role with a mix of accounting and tax.
Why Work Here
- Excellent compensation package
- Family style atmosphere / work culture
- Hybrid Work Model
About the Opportunity
- Year-End Files: Preparing year-end financial statements for complex entities including the preparation of corporate tax returns with the assistance of the tax team on intricate tax issues.
- Investments: Updating and maintaining investment schedules for various types of investments including private equity fund investments, partnerships, trusts, corporations, foreign entities, etc. Excel is currently used for all investment tracking.
- Accounting: Preparing/reviewing journal entries for tax reorganizations and working closely with tax team on various projects, developing/maintaining and implementing accounting policies. Managing junior staff members.
Corporate Accounting Functions:
- Overseeing month end close procedures
- Reviewing quarterly financial package
- Preparing annual budget
- Preparing transfer pricing adjustment annually
- Co-ordinating the preparation of tax returns for 70+ entities including trust, limited partnerships and corporations both in Canada and US.
- Overseeing the preparation of year-end audited financial statements and interacting with auditors throughout the year
- Ensuring OSC funds meet all compliance requirements
- Calculating annual loan interest for carry loans
- Calculating carry value for investment sales
- Co-ordinating preparing of T1134 for all foreign affiliates on annual basis
- Reviewing HST returns on monthly basis
- Review expense reports for both personal expenses for employees and 40 corporate credit cards
- Monitoring cash needs of partners to ensure cash is deployed effectively.
- Prepare monthly tracker of partner investments
- Responsible for funding of capital calls and any other cash needs of partners.
- Co-ordinating the preparation of tax returns for 30+ including trust, limited partnerships and corporations.
- Relationship-oriented - Experience building and maintaining strong relationships with regulators and internal partners; excellent interpersonal skills and willingness to work in collaboration with various team members;
- Internal Controls - Strong at evaluating internal controls, identifying gaps, implementing and upgrading controls as needed; upholding a strong internal control environment;
- Leadership - Proven track record and enthusiasm for building, managing, mentoring, and inspiring teams and influencing peer organizations; ability to lead cross-functional initiatives;
- Strong communication skills - Effective writing and presentation skills; communicates complex in ideas in a simple & easy to-understand way
- Innovative - Embraces new ways of doing things, such as, automating functions, finding scalable solutions and driving continuous improvement;
- Proactive & Creative - Acts without being told what to do; brings new ideas to the company
- Sense of urgency - Likes to work in a fast growing, dynamic environment
- CPA, CA designation
- 10+ years professional experience in the Financial Services industry
- Works well in a small team environment
Senior Manager level: $120,000 - $150,000/year
Director level: $150,000 - $175,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote # 364639.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its three divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing and Lannick Technology. Lannick places more than 1,000 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more at www.lannick.com.