About the Company
Our client is a manufacturing company in the automotive industry. They are looking to add a Senior Finance Manager to be responsible for the management and administration of the Finance Department including the preparation, administration and monitoring.
Why Work Here
- A fast-growing company moving to be number one in its industry in North America in the near future through acquisitions.
- Successful business, small family knit environment
- Good work/life balance
About the Opportunity
- Provide support and supervision to the Finance Department.
- Assist the Finance Director with ongoing projects and/or initiatives
- Ensure that all month-end financial accounting duties and all resulting financial reporting is completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Coordinate all activities within the Finance Department including accounts payable, accounts receivable, general accounting, payroll, special projects accounting, financial planning and reporting.
- Prepare federal and provincial financial reports.
- Attend scheduled departmental Managers' meetings.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Assist in the recruitment, training and performance evaluation of Finance personnel.
- Develop journal entries for new fiscal year budgets.
- Monitor accounts receivable.
- Code and process invoices.
- Supervise and assist in the reconciliation of bank statements and preparing bank deposits.
- Supervise and assist in the development and maintenance of accounting files and records.
- Record all business transactions, process accruals and adjustments, reconcile accounts and prepare monthly accounting statements.
- Supervise and assist the Finance staff in the process of completing payroll activities.
- Participate in financial planning activities.
- Coordinate the development of the operating and capital budgets.
- Develop and implement a fixed asset inventory control system.
- Provide support in the development of business proposals.
- Assist departmental managers in the development and administration of their budgets.
- Monitor budgets of all programs and provide the departmental managers with regular reports.
- Monitor accounts payable to ensure that purchases and expenditures are within budget and in accordance with Driven Brands Canada policies.
- Keep abreast of federal, provincial and municipal developments, laws and policies that may affect the financial operations of the organization.
- Provide financial statements on a regular schedule and as required.
- Complete year-end adjustments.
- Prepare for and participate in annual audits, supervisory meetings and annual staff performance evaluations.
- Assist in the completion of departmental program evaluations.
- 5-7 years' experience in a Financial
- 3+ years of experience working in a management position.
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
$105,000 - $115,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 321026.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.