About the Opportunity
- Accurate and timely preparation of quarterly and annual reports to shareholders, including preparation of financial statement notes and Management Discussion and Analysis, as well as supporting documentation and working papers
- Coordinate with external auditors to ensure the appropriateness of the auditor’s requests and timeliness of responses
- Preplan for the quarter including preparing timelines, deliverable lists and proper financial statement set ups.
- Support external and internal auditors in relation to quarterly reviews, annual audit and control compliance;
- Provide recommendations and implement process improvements
- Assist in the assessment of complex IFRS issues and related journal entries
- Prepare account reconciliations and balance sheet variance analysis
- Collaborate with subsidiary companies
- Support the FP&A team in Ad-hoc analysis of financial and operational results
- Contribute to the team by taking on special projects as necessary
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation
- Strong knowledge and understanding of IFRS
- Self-starter and multi-tasker with the ability to prioritize and manage several tasks in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of issues and tasks through to resolution
- Knowledge of financial accounting processes and controls, and ability to identify continuous improvement opportunities
- Ability to work collaboratively and build relationships with cross-functional groups and various management levels
- High attention to details, accuracy, and data integrity
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Exposure to public company reporting environment, knowledge of Workiva, HFM and SAP would be an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft tools including Excel
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #29723.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.