About the Company
Our client is a vehicle company. They are looking for a Senior Director of Finance who will be responsible for the planning, implementation, managing, and running of all the financial activities of the company including business planning, budgeting, and forecasting in order to support and drive the company’s strategic goals and financial performance.
Why Work Here
- Work for a world class OEM car company that is respected globally
- Fantastic finance team with little to no turnover
- Amazing boss and mentor that has been with Subaru for 20 years
- Amazing comp package including company car, great pension, executive benefits, and other perks
- World class culture. People rarely leave this company because they are respected, given challenging work, and work with the best in the business
About the Opportunity
- Provide leadership, direction and management of the finance and accounting staff
- Provide strategic recommendations to the CEO and VP, Corporate Planning & Administration
- Assist in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the company's corporate goals and mission
- Provide strategic planning and tactical advice supporting Executive level discussions
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders across all levels of the organization
- Participate in operational meetings and discussions, across all departments, strategically supporting day-to-day business operations and ensuring business decisions are grounded in solid financial criteria.
- Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the company.
- Direct corporate financial budgeting and forecasting initiatives
- Monitor banking activities and ensure adequate cash flow to meet the organizational needs
- Develop and direct accounting policies, procedures, and financial internal controls to safeguard the financial position of the company and to meet J-Sox compliance
- Oversee business insurance plans and risk management
- Manage internal and external financial reporting including audits
- Provide expert knowledge on Federal and Provincial accounting & tax rules and regulations related to the automotive industry reporting requirements for a subsidiary of a Japanese company
- Manage relationships with key financial partners, independent auditors, and external business partners
- 10+ years’ experience in an Accounting/Finance role including demonstrated management and leadership experience
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel. Manage spreadsheets to organize/analyze and present financial data, often using Microsoft PowerPoint
- Strong knowledge of Federal and Provincial Accounting & Tax rules and regulations and the related reporting requirements as they pertain to the automotive industry and a subsidiary of a Japanese company
$150,000 - $160,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #300684.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.