Looking for a DevOps Lead to join an enterprise Technology team and lead the devops operations managing the high-availability, scalability and resiliency of business applications.
This individual should have technical expertise in software build and deployment methodologies and test pipeline management. You will oversee and manage continuous integration & deployment (CI/CD) across all technology solutions and work with dev leads, product owners and test engineers to implement governance and controls to enforce quality standards across the software delivery pipeline and continuously improve release management practices. You will also oversee the adherence to deployment windows and release processes and facilitate the appropriate communication channels across teams and with stakeholders.
About the Opportunity
- Design and deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software, and operating systems
- Conduct research on leading release management practices and tools and technologies landscape to justify recommendations and to support purchasing or optimization efforts
- Determine the selection and appropriate usage of automated test tools and data collection tools
- Build Release Calendar and work closely with dev leads, product owners, scrum masters and infrastructure team to create a common centralized view of all releases
- Proactively plan the release windows across projects and portfolios and assist in managing interdependencies to ensure milestone adherence and the integrity of the release can be measured
- Manage risks and issues that may affect release scope and schedule. Conduct release readiness reviews, milestone reviews, and business go/no-go reviews
- Work with development teams to establish source code branching, merging and versioning strategy.
- Ensure that a detailed deployment plan has been documented along with a back-out plan in the event anything goes wrong during deployment
- Lead and coordinate the go-live activities including the execution of the deployment plans and checklists.
- Apply established metrics to determine the readiness, quality, and operability of software, systems, and products due for release to the business
- Conduct internal audits to measure and assure adherence to established QA standards for software development, application integration, and information system performance, and corresponding documentation
- Manage, train, coach and mentor Test engineers and ensure that best practice and quality standards are enforce
- Collaborate with Engineering, infrastructure and product team to create DR plan and manage execution of annual DR test and review working with IT and business stakeholders
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science or MIS and relevant field of study is preferred.
- 7+ years of experience of IT experience
- 5+ years of experience as a DevOps/Build/Release Engineer
- 2+ years of DevOps or Release Management leadership experience
- 3+ years of hands-on working experience in managing applications on Azure cloud
- 3+ years of hands-on working experience to build CI/CD processes using Microsoft .NET technologies using C# along with build and setup tools specific to MS.NET
- 2+ years of hands-on working experience to build CI/CD processes using Salesforce DevOps tools
- 2+ years of hands-on working experience with managing source code repositories like Azure DevOps, TFS and GIT and automation of configuration management tasks
- Very proficient in all areas of Software Development and Agile Methodologies
- Strong knowledge and demonstrated understanding of technical quality control processes, artifacts and tools
- Strong knowledge and demonstrated understanding of enterprise-class business applications with low-latency, high performance and 24x7 environment
- Experience using tools to integrate best practices like static code analysis, automated unit tests and integration tests, code coverage analyzers, creation of sand box systems, etc
- Ability to automate and speed up build and release process
- Solid Knowledge on scripting languages for making builds and deployment automation
- Strong hands-on technical experience, knowledge, and understanding of SQL relational databases and NoSQL databases
$100,000 - $130,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #27564.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.