The Application Development Lead's role is to plan, coordinate, and supervise all activities related to the design, development, implementation, maintenance, and support of the company’s custom developed software. This person will be hands-on with architecture and development, while managing a dedicated team of 5+ developers onsite. The role is also responsible for establishing best practices, departmental workflow, technical resources for staff, and knowledge exchange.
This individual will apply proven communication skills, problem-solving skills, and knowledge of best practices to guide his/her development team on issues related to the design, development, and deployment of mission-critical information and software systems.
About the Opportunity
- Manage the architecture, development and deployment of new applications, systems software, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout the enterprise
- Ensure that development projects meet business requirements and goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues
- Manage and provide direction for the application development team in support of business operations
- Review and analyze existing applications’ effectiveness and efficiency, and develop strategies for improving or leveraging these systems
- Design, develop, and implement enhancements and upgrades to systems and application software
- Cultivate, disseminate, and enforce functional policies, procedures, and quality assurance best practices
- Where necessary, prepare, establish, and monitor budgets and resource estimates
- 6+ years of design, development and architectural experience in the Microsoft ecosystem
- 5+ years of using .NET tools and expert level understanding of the .NET framework
- 1+ years of managing development and integration/maintenance teams which develop and support custom applications
- Strong experience architecting and implementing enterprise applications using the Microsoft Stack (C#, ASP.NET, MSSQL, IIS, Azure, Visual Studio, TFS, etc.)
- Excellent overall working knowledge of software development lifecycles (Agile and Waterfall), architectural patterns, security, capacity planning, release management, etc
- Understanding of Automation, Devops, CI, TDD, and other concepts
- Exposure to Azure / cloud is preferred
- Exposure to containers (Docker, Kubernetes, etc) is a plus
- Strong code management experience (eg SVN, Git or other)
- Able to work independently while keeping teammates abreast of milestones, dependencies and issues
- Feels comfortable working in a dynamic and flexible environment with changing requirements
- Communicate effectively with all levels of management in both technical and business functions, developing strong relationships, and defining clear service levels
$100,000 - $130,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #24310.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.