Jump to main content

Search Jobs

Senior Developer

Job Highlights
Toronto
Direct Hire
$132,000

About the Company  

Our client is a benefit provider that has been helping build the foundation for a financially secure retirement, and they are looking to hire a Senior Developer. 

 

About the Opportunity 

  • The Senior Developer will provide full stack development to support the business operations systems and solutions team 

  • The team focuses on delivering custom applications that focus on processing and settling trades and transactions (reconciling payments) 

  • These applications are primarily used by the security operations analyst teams and require additional modifications and specialization from out of the box applications  

  • The development mix is a mix of front end and back-end applications (initial development focuses mostly on front end, and then when in production, most changes are in the back end) 

  • The Senior Developer will not only provide hands on development (70% of work) but also lead design sessions, code reviews, and provide guidance to the other developers on the team (30%) 

  • The team works in a very collaborative way, so candidates with strong communication skills and being able to function in an Agile environment are required 

 

About You 

  • You have a minimum of 5+ years’ experience of full stack development.  

  • Experience leading delivery on major features and knowledge of software development design patterns.  

  • Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to take end-to-end ownership.  

  • Front end experience: Any of Javascript/Typescript, Angular or React. If React is missing, it will be taught. 

  • Back-end experience: Java with Spring Boot, Kotlin (nice to have) 

  • Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, or GCP.  

  • Skilled in modern development tools and practices, such as git, CI/CD, unit testing.  

 

Nice to Have 

  • Experience with Kotlin back end 

  • Experience with React, Redux front end 

  • Experience with Apache Camel, SWIFT Message Standards, WebSockets and DevOps work would be considered an asset.  

  • Experience working in banking or financial sector, or strong interest working with investment applications 

 

Salary Range 

$132,000/year 

 

How to Apply 

Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.  

When referencing this job, quote # 311870 

 

You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role. 

Similar Jobs

Program Officer - 6 Month Contract-to-Hire

Contract-to-Hire job in Toronto

.NET Developer

Direct Hire job in Toronto

Application Developer

Direct Hire job in Toronto

Full Stack Developer (.NET)

Direct Hire job in Toronto

Java Full Stack Developer

Direct Hire job in Toronto

Accountant, Development Accounting

Direct Hire job in Toronto

Full Stack .NET Developer

Direct Hire job in Toronto

Java Developer

Direct Hire job in Missisauga

.NET/SQL Application Developer

Direct Hire job in Brampton

Job Application for
Senior Developer

  • By submitting this form, you are agreeing to our terms of use.