About the Company
Our client acquires and builds food businesses in partnership with talented entrepreneurial management teams. They are looking for a Senior Corporate Auditor will assess the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls for PBHC and its operating businesses (collectively the "Company") and ensure that the Company is meeting its corporate governance requirements. This position resides in Richmond, BC.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Company is growing, doing well and acquiring business (growing headcount)
- Opportunity to grow and progress (within Audit or general Finance) in company)
- Lots of interaction and exposure with Senior Management
- Great company culture, strong benefit package
- Plan and perform financial and operational reviews of the Company’s businesses (in a collaborative and partnering manner) from start to finish, including planning, performing risk assessment, selecting samples, reviewing supporting documentation, conducting onsite interviews with process owners and closing meetings with Senior Management of the businesses, and reporting results to Company Senior Management and the Audit Committee.
- Develop and present recommendations for improvements in operational and financial systems and controls, both verbally and in writing. Develop and execute follow up mechanisms with accounting, operations and Senior Management of the businesses to ensure that recommendations are implemented as agreed upon.
- Report results of inadequate internal control and provide input into policy and procedure development.
- Documenting policies and procedures, and identifying and assessing best practices for distribution to the Company’s businesses as applicable.
- Perform physical inventory counts (on a spot check basis) for newly acquired businesses or during business reviews, perform reconciliation, compile and report count results.
- Perform risk assessment and financial statements audits of the opening balance sheets for newly acquired businesses; identify and propose adjustments and internal control recommendations, and provide support to the business as part of the onboarding process. Also, work with various departments (e.g. finance, tax, and acquisition team) to ensure deliveries are completed by the internal and financial reporting deadlines.
- Training and educating the businesses on internal controls, both during and after the completion of internal audits to ensure a sound internal control environment. Provide guidance to businesses on complex accounting topics (such as IFRS 16).
- Review adequacy of controls for IT management systems to ensure validity and security of information, as well as adherence to established policies and procedures.
- Assist with drafting the annual internal audit plan and compiling the quarterly internal audit updates to the Audit Committee (including compliance with Nl 52-109 corporate governance regulations).
- Monitor and evaluate relevant updates provided by Ontario Securities Commission (OSC) and Canadian Securities Administrators (CSA) and provide recommendations and guidance to the Company Finance team to enhance continuous disclosure of publicly filed documents.
- Support and assist the Company’s external auditors in the completion of the year-end audit.
- Perform special projects (e.g. incident reporting reviews, fraud investigations, operational projects) as requested by Company Senior Management.
- CPA Deisgnation
- 3+ years progressive Audit experience, preferrably from an Accounting firm
- Manfuacturing exposure (ie. Clients or practical industry experience) strongly preferred. Tangible goods experience required.
- Knowledge of formalized internal control frameworks and risk assessment methodologies (COSO framework).
- Understanding and interpretation of Canadian Corporate Governance regulations (NI 52-109).
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #383161
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.