About the Company
Our client is a Canadian mining company. They are looking for a Lead, Financial Reporting who will be responsible for financial reporting and corporate accounting using IFRS in order to comply with accurate, effective and timely reporting.
Why Work Here
- Friendly employee culture, promote cross-training, development opportunities
- Highly skilled team, passionate about their jobs
- Growing company, opportunity to develop and grow in role
About the Opportunity
Reporting to Assistant controller and responsible for financial reporting and corporate accounting using IFRS in order to comply with accurate, effective and timely reporting.
- Indicate the most critical responsibilities of the job in their order of importance.
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly and annual preparation of consolidated financial statements and notes.
- Responsible for financial consolidation
- Responsible for the accounting and reporting of revenue, hedges, shareholders’ equity, leases and other items as assigned by the Assistant Controller.
- Responsible for accounting and preparation of financial reporting for various subsidiaries.
- Prepare documentation and reports used in the calculation of quarterly income tax provisions and review working papers prepared by income tax advisers.
- Assist with the preparation and review of the quarterly management discussion and analysis.
- Assist with internal and external audits.
- Assist with and/or prepare regulatory reporting as needed.
- Responsible for monitoring upcoming changes to IFRSs and preparing accounting memos.
- Responsible for identifying and implementing process improvements.
- 4+ years proven financial reporting experience or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of IFRS
- Experience in mining industry is an asset
$94,000 - $104,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #321178.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.