About the Company
Our client is a property management and real estate development company and they are looking for a Senior Corporate Accountant who will assist in preparing and reviewing all external financial reporting and internal management reporting.
- Progressive and flexible culture. Opportunity to work from home
- Organization is growing, lots of opportunities for growth from within
- Competitive and all-inclusive total compensation package
About the Opportunity
- Participate in completing timely and accurate, quarterly, and annual publicly filed consolidated financial reporting.
- Assist in delivering and reviewing monthly and quarterly internal consolidated financial reporting.
- Assist with reviewing the Workiva master file and preparing the detailed support binder for quarter-end disclosures.
- Oversee and manage the loans and mortgages receivable portfolio regularly to ensure accurate and timely reporting of results to facilitate business decisions.
- Assist with accounting research and issue resolution to determine the accounting and disclosure implications of significant transactions and the implementation thereof.
- Support in the coordination of external audits.
- Complete accounting entries related to loans receivable, hedge accounting, marketable securities, non-cash compensation, and other Corporate Accounting entries, including related elimination transactions.
- Provide reporting to significant shareholder investment company.
- Assist Corporate Accounting Team with cross-training and other group initiatives.
- Complete other internal and external reporting projects and ad-hoc analysis as required.
- CPA designation or close to completion
- Minimum 3 years experience at a public accounting firm with IFRS/ Public Company clients
- Experience in real estate an asset
- Knowledge with JDE an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced Excel functionality knowledge
$80,000 - $85,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 315640.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.