About the Company
Our client is a leading Asset Management Company. They are currently looking for a Senior Corporate Accountant to oversee the Corporate Accounting functions of the firm.
Why Work Here
- Comprehensive salary and benefits package
- Company has low turnover and employee engagement scores are very high!
- People love working there - community-involved company
- Great work-life balance
About the Opportunity
- Responsible for the execution of accounting functions, including but not limited to journal entries, account reconciliations, and variance analysis for the Company
- Take ownership over the monthly, quarterly and year-end close
- Responsible for producing various financial reports for senior management
- Develop and implement new/enhanced systems and procedures to ensure adequate accounting and control for specific accounting functions
- Take lead role in preparing schedules and documentation for annual external audits
- Prepare IFRS-compliant financial statements and stay abreast of developments in the industry impacting financial reporting
- Assist with the implementation of new accounting policies and procedures as well as administering existing policies and procedures
- Document all internal operating and control procedures
- Monitor key performance indicators and the impact of accounting issues on the business
- Participate in the development and completion of special and/or ad-hoc projects as assigned
- CPA Designation (open to any designation and as long as completed CFE exams)
- 3 to 5 years of experience
- Financial Services experience/knowledge is preferred
- Experience in an audit firm
$70,000 - $75,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #29875.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.