About the Opportunity
- Contributing to the development of the Total reward strategy, in collaboration with other stakeholders, assuring internal equity and external competitiveness.
- Design & implement the local Total Rewards Strategy/approach.
- Developing health and welfare benefit strategy and directing the design, implementation, communication and cost control of health and welfare benefit programs for all employees in Canada.
- Providing leadership, guidance, and direction during deployment of the Foundation compensation programs in Canada including annual salary planning/merit increases process, salary structures, etc. to ensure alignment with Foundation’s goals.
- Working in partnership with external vendors and consultants in both compensation and benefit arenas to ensure the Foundation is positioned competitively and stays current on trends/changes in the local market.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of existing compensation and benefit programs, policies and guidelines and ensuring they are market competitive, cost effective, aligned with Foundation goals and are in compliance with Foundation policies, as well as government and regulatory requirements in Canada.
- Providing oversight, expertise, and guidance to the HR Operations responsible for Canada related compensation and benefit administration.
- Enhancing Total Reward capabilities in the Canada Market
- Collaborate with other COEs to ensure flawless execution of annual processes and lead the Canada market's implementation of the annual processes.
- Build a network of contacts from other players in the Canada market to ensure reliable market data. Play a leader role with the Local Network of compensation and benefits.
- Oversee the definition and implementation of Local Benefits program.
- Collaborate with the Lead, Compensation to manage the annual benefits renewal, cycles including market analysis, plan design, cost modeling, stakeholder engagement/management, communication for Canada.
- Prepare and present forecasts, analyses, materials, and recommendations on total rewards programs in Canada.
- Developing/designing, implementing, and communicating compensation plans/policies.
- Developing and executing a comprehensive communication strategy for compensation and benefit programs and identifying opportunities to better enable the Foundation to improve employee engagement, facilitate proactive and effective messaging and cadence as well as support the Foundation’s growth and strategic plan.
- Develop great relationships with the P&C team, People Leaders and employees within location to strengthen high employee engagement and achievement of total rewards objectives.
- Develop and maintain vendor relationships.
- Responsible for ensuring all local employment legislation and standards are factored into key decisions and policy guidelines followed to ensure legal compliance on all matters related to total reward and mobility.
- May be required to support in providing employee statutory and tax advisory services and support partnering closely with finance and tax advisory service providers in Canada.
- Post Graduate degree in Human Resources, Compensation, Benefits, or a related field and/or a combination of relevant experience and education.
- Certificate in compensation, benefits and/or mobility would be an asset.
- 12+ years of progressive HR experience serving in strategically focused roles. Senior level experience including leading and directing compensation, benefits and mobility programs is a must.
- Minimum 5 years of experience leading and managing a team with the proven ability to motivate and energize others.
- Experience with changing and/or enhancing and implementing compensation and benefit programs.
- Experience with building compensation, benefits, and mobility programs.
- Extensive knowledge of employment legislation, best practices and market practices in Canada and North America.
- Good knowledge of immigration and relocation practices and able to travel across Africa and internationally.
- Fluency in English is required, and French language skills would be preferred.
- Willingness to take initiative, “roll up one’s sleeves” move with urgency, persistence, and speed, and thrive in a fast-paced environment of high demand and change.
- Able to navigate a complex organization in transition, bringing a flexible attitude and a growth mindset.
- Able to bring creative new approaches and diverse solutions. Willing to take calculated risks to influence the adoption of fresh ideas and approaches.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
$80 - $100/hour
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #379024.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.