About the Opportunity
- Keep the financial books and records for several legal entities that include management companies, carry-interest entities and holding companies. Book all entries related to assets, liabilities, revenues and expenses
- Carry out accounting for a) share based payments b) property, plant and equipment, c) leases, d) employee benefits, e) impairment of assets, f) intangible assets
- Ensure intercompany transactions and balances are tracked
- Assist in writing accounting position papers on various technical accounting topics
- Prepare purchase price allocation and related entries for new and existing allocation including impairment testing
- Calculate and record minority interests
- Prepare a consolidation worksheet in excel on a quarterly basis
- Complete reporting schedules to be delivered to parent company
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements and notes for various companies.
- Assist in the external audit of the various entities
- Accounting Designation , CPA CA preferred
- 5 plus years of relevant work experience involving technical accounting and preparing consolidation worksheets in excel
- Hands on experience performing IFRS accounting control assessments under IFRS 10, IFRS 11, IFRS 12 and IAS 28
- Organized and strong attention to detail
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #30308.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.