Our client is sourcing for a Manager of Financial and Regulatory Reporting for 6 month contract.
About the Opportunity
- Manage US and Canadian financial and regulatory reporting for the $13 billion non-trading products portfolio (including Treasury and Trade Solutions, Securities and Fund Services, Operations and Technology, Corporate and Private Banking) (Canadian Branch), Schedule II and Schedule III banks, respectively regulated by OSFI
- Manage the preparation of year end audited financial statements for (including its subsidiaries), Canadian Branch and Canada Pension Plan and the quarterly / annual financial statements
- Lead the team during annual external audit and act as main contact for the external auditors
- Manage the implementation of, and adherence to, US GAPP and IFRS requirements, including researching and providing guidance to businesses on accounting issues
- Provide guidance to businesses on the impact of new products and/or transactions to bank’s regulatory capital
- Lead the preparation of Board of Directors materials, including business performance analysis, asset, earnings and capital forecasts
- Assist in the management of regulatory examinations and internal audits
- Manage the preparation, analysis and timely filing of all local regulatory reports
- Participate in ad hoc projects as required, such as Basel requirements, automation and/or reengineering of reporting processes
- Proactively respond to changes in regulatory environment
- Additional responsibilities as assigned from time-to-time
- A professional accountant designation or equivalent experience
- University degree in Business, Finance or Accounting
- 8 years of progressive work experience (with a focus on accounting, controls and process management), in the financial services industry
- Knowledge of banking products, and their regulatory requirements, is required
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to analyze and develop unique solutions to highly complex business issues
- Demonstrated leadership skills, with ability to influence and gain support for objectives
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient computer skills, especially Excel
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #25427.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.