About the Company
Our client is one of the fastest growing real estate development companies in Canada. They are looking to hire a Senior Accountant who will be responsible for processing project-related invoices for monthly progress draws
Why Work Here
- Comprehensive and competitive compensation package
- Fantastic company culture
- Work for one of Canda’s fastest growing organizations
About the Opportunity
- Utilize budget tools such as Division 1 trackers, monthly spend comparison reports, past project databases, and other tools to aid with positive budget outcomes for projects.
- Maintain strong cost accounting controls through budget transfers, change orders, awards, settlements, etc.
- Process invoices to ensure all necessary paperwork is received and all internal processes are followed.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with each project’s site staff, the accounting department and various trade billing departments.
- Analyze trends and historical data for budgeting / operational purposes.
- Assist with developing site office operating procedures and protocols, specific to accounting and document control.
- Assist with approvals workflow to ensure timely review / approval of documents.
- Assist with preparation of month-end reports and reconciliations for construction management subsidiary companies.
- Sort invoices by project and place them into relevant folder for Project Manager approval.
- Ensure Project Site staff are providing all the necessary back up and that this support ties to invoices, to facilitate an efficient approval process. Audit all tracking to confirm it is in line with the billing. (E.g. Rebar and concrete tracking).
- Conduct a detailed review of invoices each month with the Project Manager and receive their sign off.
- Coordinate and work closely with the accounting department (specifically project accountants) to ensure invoices are processed and cheques cut in time for monthly budget meeting.
- Attend all monthly progress draw and cheque signing meetings
- If requested, draft memos and covering letters
- This position is to be involved in the project closeout process, obtaining close out documentation from the trades and producing close out forms for review and sign off.
- Cost sharing rules – Certain projects will require you to become an expert on cost sharing rules by understanding which trades are affected and how they are applied. The Senior Construction Accountant will ensure all cost sharing rules are applied correctly and reflected in the schedule of values on the trade invoices.
- 2+ years of experience at a medium to large sized accounting firm or at a construction-focused firm
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
Salary highly competitive and dependent on candidate experience
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 315638.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role