About the Company
Our client is Canada's largest mental health and addiction teaching hospital. They are looking for a Senior Business Analyst who will be responsible for various aspects of Project Cost Control and Reporting, balance sheet accounting, preparation and delivery of year end and audit schedules and documentation and setting up major capital projects in the ERP System.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Opportunities to grow and develop within Finance side at the company
- Rewarding work in a rewarding company, everyone is extremely passionate about the hospital and institute, and really want to be there
- This role will interact with all levels of management within both Research and Corporate Finance
- Opportunity to buildout process improvements and efficiencies
- The Senior Business Analyst will be responsible for specific month end reporting tasks, internal and external audit preparations for specific balance sheet accounts, monthly/quarterly/annual reporting, variance analysis, selected reconciliations, and documentation of all this positions’ financial procedures and processes.
- Finance department point of contact for all Capital-related budgeting and expenditure
- Leading capital special audits, including but not limited to capital projects from the MOHLTC, HIRF, etc.
- Working with stakeholders to bring forward new capital requests and to identify associated risks to the organization
- Working with the Capital Planning team to ensure proper tracking and maintenance of the full capital plan cycle
- Ensures completeness and accuracy of data in compliance with Hospital policies & accounting standards
- Maintaining and managing capital budgets and associated spend within ERP(Project tracking Module)
- Assisting Manager in creation of annual capital and depreciation budgets
- Provide leadership, guidance and oversight related to the Hospital’s capital planning and reporting (including project accounting and Foundation granting support) and the hospital’s treasury functions (including short term and long term cash flow forecasting, short term and long term asset investment recommendations and related financing recommendations), as well as supporting the planning for Major Redevelopment project
- The successful candidate will also be accountable for project tracking and analysis, cash flow projections, project accounting journal entries and financial analysis for project financial transactions as well as various related initiatives, and recommending changes and improvements to existing related processes.
- The SBA will be working with sensitive and strategic information as it relates to programs, departments and staff. He/she will review and improve related internal controls and assist with ensuring compliance with internal controls, CAMH policies, MIS guidelines, CICA Handbook (PSAB) standards, and regulatory requirements.
- You will support a workplace that embraces diversity, encourages teamwork and complies with all applicable regulatory and legislative requirements. This position is located at 100 Stokes Street.
- CPA Designation or in progress
- 4-5+ years' experience in Project Accounting or Capital Planning
- Foundational background in month-end reporting, forecasting, budgeting
- Strong communication with business partners in organization
$85,000 - $95,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #382475
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.