About the Opportunity
- Ensures month-end accounting activities are completed such as various bank & trust account reconciliations, credit card reconciliations, deposit account reconciliations and preparation of journal entries.
- Monitors operating accounts for incoming payments and directs application of payment
- Prepares and sends outgoing electronic payments
- Calculates daily interest on lending and borrowing facilities
- Reconciles transactions related to the companies travel program, such as airline tickets and rewards programs
- Reviews financial statements for an assigned office to analyze actual to budget expense variances.
- Prepares adjusting journal entries to reflect corrections
- Analysis of recoveries on taxi, courier, food service, etc charges allocated amongst departments.
- Assists management with various financial reports, audit requests, system upgrades/implementations, budget process and other ad hoc duties, as requested
- Analyze and recommend improvements to various financial reporting practices
- Help train other team members, as required
- Back-up for financial systems mailbox
- Handles confidential materials and documents
- Performs other duties as required
- Knowledge of accounting principles and concepts
- Computer application knowledge
- Oral and written communication and interpersonal skills are required order to communicate with a number of various contacts internally and externally
- Time management skills in order to efficiently multi-task
- Sound judgement and analytical skills required for reconciliation of accounts and preparing detailed analyses of financial statements
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #344604.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.