A Growing North York public accounting firm is looking for a candidate to join our team who would benefit from flexible hours and who is comfortable travelling to multiple locations throughout the city. In this position, you will be asked to perform a variety of accounting and bookkeeping activities. The role is ideal for a candidate that prefers to work on multiple clients at the same time and enjoys variety of work and learning the accounting industry. The qualified candidate for this role can complete mandates for multiple clients with limited supervision and takes responsibility for detail oriented requests.
About the Opportunity
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage budgets, deadlines, and multiple clients on a regular basis.
- Very Comfortable in a tech-savvy environment and can quickly learn and understand new programs.
- Careful, detailed and well organized.
- Ability to be accurate, meet client’s, government and filing deadlines.
- Understanding the importance & staying within the project budget set by the firm.
- Understanding the importance of communication to peers and management
- Positive attitude and desire to help others
- Post-secondary education- Degree at the university or college level. An Accounting degree is an asset but not necessary.
- 3-5 years experience working in a public accounting firm as a full cycle production staff
- 3-5 years experience with Clients’ accounts in the preparation of weekly, monthly, quarterly financial information, reconciliations, and government filings.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks and QuickBooks online is a must
- Knowledge of CCH iFirm and Caseware is an asset
- Excellent communications skills both written and oral.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in working with Excel
- Experience in Government filings, HST, Payroll, Corporate Instalments, EHT and WSIB.
- Knowledge in cash-flow projections, budgeting, and financial analysis.
- Basic personal tax knowledge and ability to complete T1, T2, T4, T4A and T5 slips
- Has a car and does not object to driving and working at client locations
$45,000 - $50,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #28252.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.