About the Company
Our client is a reputable public sector organization who is looking for a Senior Auditor to join their team!
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Work for a well reputed organization, with a robust team
- Flexible culture with opportunity for career progression and development
- Competitive compensation package which includes a leading defined benefits pension plan
1. Assists with planning large or complex audit projects and/or plans medium and smaller, less complex audit projects to develop an audit approach and plan for each project (20%)
- Actively seeks to understand the portfolio entity and their business issues;
- Performs risk assessment, including material misstatement at the financial level and assertion level for classes of transactions, account balances;
- Communicates the implications of exposure drafts, impending changes, and their impact on an entity;
- Ensures project is scheduled to meet resource needs and staffing is appropriate; reviews budget;
- Coordinates and leads team planning meetings.
2. Executes interim and year-end audit procedures (40%)
- Determines approach for testing of journal entries;
- Evaluates the information system using knowledge of IT controls;
- Develops procedures based on identified risk of material misstatement;
- Re-evaluates audit procedures prior to conducting year-end work;
- Ensures that work conducted addresses the identified risks at both overall and assertion levels;
- Monitors time incurred and communicates progress throughout the project;
- Communicates inefficiencies and delays due to quality of deliverables from the entity.
3. Participates in the preparation of financial statement reports and supporting documentation (30%)
- Performs/reviews completion section testing;
- Performs preliminary review of financial statements;
- Prepares communications/deliverables;
- Assesses which recommendations and observations should be communicated to senior management;
- Ensures job appraisal is completed within thirty days of completing the assignment.
4. Provides mentorship to staff auditors (10%)
- Supports learning and development of staff auditors by coaching and mentoring;
- Provides constructive feedback;
- Provides ongoing communication and remains accessible to staff throughout the audit process.
- Minimal travel: Around 0 to 3 weeks of travel total per year.
- CPA designation
- Minimum 3 years of progressive financial statement audit experience applying Canadian Auditing Standards (CAS)
- Audit experience in a public accounting firm
- Government operations experience at the municipal, provincial or federal level
- Familiarity with Canadian Public Sector Accounting Standards and IFRS
- Previous experience with data analytics
- Demonstrated abilities in documentation and evaluation of internal control environments
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications
$80,000 - $85,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 389347.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.