About the Company
Our client is a large organization in the manufacturing industry. They are looking for a Senior Auditor who will participate in and frequently serve as the team leader for a variety of internal audit assignments and projects, which include Sarbanes-Oxley controls testing, internal audit projects, vendor audits, internal investigations, process reviews, and other projects.
Why Work Here
- Relaxed culture and friendly environment
- Opportunities to learn and grow into the business or to maintain a career in Audit
- Very financially strong and stable company
About the Opportunity
- Perform planning, organizing, analyzing, testing, and reporting to management on the results of audit projects
- Perform identification of key business risks, including the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information, and develop a risk-based project plan
- Identify opportunities for improvements in processes and internal controls and discuss improvement opportunities with process owners
- Participate in, or lead client opening (kick-off) and closing meetings for projects
- Develop audit work programs and prepare workpapers that support observations and document work performed
- Evaluate governance processes, procedures, and actions that management uses to monitor the risk mitigation activities of the company
- Draft written descriptions of issues that are clear and concise that can be included in project reports and in reports to the Board of Directors
- Present findings to Internal Audit Managers, the Chief Audit Executive, and Process Owners.
- Directly support outside firms performing consulting engagements, financial audits, and assessments of management’s review of internal controls
- Perform monitoring the implementation of management action plans
- Perform data analysis, evaluate results, and draw conclusions on the results in support of Internal Audit and Sarbanes-Oxley projects
- Work independently with limited direction and guidance, and effectively coordinate project activities with other team members
- Interact and communicate effectively with management, team members, and other personnel throughout the organization
- Demonstrate maturity, poise, self-confidence, and tact while in contact with other employees in the company
- Must embrace a “team” concept and work effectively with audit management and others on all assignments
- 4 years’ experience in internal audit or 3 years in public accounting or consulting
- Knowledge of internal audit practices, and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance requirements and testing approaches
- Knowledge of governance activities and control frameworks such as COSO
$90,000 - $100,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #339701.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.